Click any question to see the answer.
I am new to HD. What do I do now?
I don't know my time of birth, what can I do to get an accurate chart?
It is very important to have accurate time of birth in order to generate a correct chart. If you are not sure you have the exact time contact the hospital where you were born, or the department of vital statistics in the city/state you were born, or try locating your birth certificate. Another possibility is rectification through an experienced Vedic Astrologer, or a licensed Human Design analyst may be able to assist you as well. Not all Human Design Analysts offer rectification.
For more information please contact email@example.com
I just had a Human Design reading, how can I learn more?
I am interested in a Career as a Human Design Professional. How do I get started?
Where did the Human Design System come from?
How can I meet other people who are involved in Human Design?
Visit our Calendar of events to find out about upcoming courses, lectures and more.
You can also visit us and connect with other students through Facebook (please see button in bottom right corner of the screen.).
How do I sign up for the IHDS Endowment? Who is eligible and how does it work?
If you are a Projector or are under the age of 30, you are eligible for the Jovian Endowment, which offers a 20% discount on selected products and courses. This endowment is available to anyone under 30 as we wish to make this knowledge more easily accessible to young people. It is also available to Projectors because, more than any other Type, they have a deep need to study Human Design in order to understand their process.
To register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your birth data (date, time and place) and our office will contact you with additional details once your registration is in place.
Where can I purchase the required manuals for the courses I am taking?
If the manual required for your course is a printed book, such as the Living your Design Manual, please go to the website of your National Organization. All printed material is published by our National Organizations. If there is no National Organization in your country you may purchase the material from any one of the other organizations.
If your required manual is a Digital Book you can purchase this from the http://www.ihdschool.com/eBooks. If you do not have access to purchase the digital book that is required, please write an email to our office at email@example.com in order to gain access.
If you require a specific software edition such as Student, Professional or Professional Penta edition for your course you can purchase it from the Jovian Archive website. For MMAI, BG5 or DreamrRave editions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make your purchase.
Is MMI Software Mac Compatible?
The software programs are written for the .NET framework which only works on the Windows environment. Mac users have several choices for having windows run on their computers.
The options available for any recent Mac with Intel processor are these:
- Apple Computer itself provides a simple and free way (OS X 10.5 required) to install Windows through a software called BootCamp. It uses a partition of the disk and turns the Mac into a regular PC. The disadvantage is that you either start the computer with MacOS or with Windows, but not both. It is most suited for someone who really needs a PC and will use the Mac for occasional tasks. A copy of Microsoft Windows is required. www.apple.com/bootcamp
- Parallels desktop for Mac offers to run Windows inside of the MacOS so that they can coexist and even share files and resources. Most suited for a Mac user with the need for occasional use of a PC. A copy of Microsoft Windows is required.www.parallels.com
- VWare Fusion for Mac, just like Parallels, a solution offered by a different vendor. www.vmware.com
- Virtual Box, a free alternative, community maintained solution. www.virtualbox.org
What is an online classroom?
Classes and Lectures are taught using an online classroom, this is a virtual space where classes take place; everything happens inside of a window and communication is established between the teacher and the students by means of:
- Speaking: teachers and students have the chance to speak in an ordered way one at a time, and everyone participating will listen through the computer's speaker
- Writing: participants can send public or private instant messages that will be received by everyone or a private user.
- Watching slides and sketches that the teacher performs during class
How do I use an online classroom?
If you are registered as a student in any of our classes, you will have access to that classroom by following these steps:
- Logging in to your account on our website, email and password must be inserted
- Once logged-in open the 'Your Account' menu (in blue and on the top right hand side of the page) and select the: "Your Registered Programs" link. This will take you to the page where you can access all purchased products/courses
- After expanding either the IHDS Courses or IHDS Lectures sections, you can click on the name of the course that you are going to take. There you will find a schedule for the course with a date and time for the next class.
- By visiting this area 20 minutes or less before the class starts, a link to the classroom will be visible. By clicking on the link, the window with the classroom will open. More details on trouble-shooting classroom problems can be found here
Even though all the classes can be downloaded afterwards, the students are free to record them themselves. Once the student is inside a classroom, under the "File" menu there is an item to record presentation. By clicking it, a folder will be created on your desktop (or if you are o a Mac in the webcasts folder) with all the necessary files to replay the class.
How do I take part in a Lecture or Course?
What if I can not attend one of my classes or had technical difficulties that prevented me from taking part?
How can I play back a downloaded class?
Classrooms are downloaded as zipped files (compressed to take less space). When the zip file is uncompressed it will generate a folder with several files inside of it. It is important to note that this folder must be completely uncompressed prior to using it.
Once the folder is available, you will find a document inside of the folder called index.htm. Double click this file and a browser will launch and play back the class exactly as it was given, with the ability to play/pause/skip.
The voices of teacher/students, messages in the chat box, teacher's drawings and slides presented in the class appear the same way as they did in the original class.
Also in this folder is an mp3 file of the class that can be used in any computer/portable media player, however this option will not include all the features listed above.